TULSA, Oklahoma – February 8, 2021 – Tulsa International Airport is prepared for the current and impending winter weather. Airport maintenance crews have equipment on standby and are ready to treat the airport’s runways, taxiways, and roadways as needed.
The airport is responsible for clearing snow and ice from the airport runways, taxiways, and roadways, and each airline is responsible for deicing and preparing their aircraft.
After a snow or ice storm begins, the goal is to make the roadways and runways safe as soon as possible. These resources are available to attain this goal:
- Snow equipment includes 7 snow plows, 5 snow brooms, and 2 snow blowers
- Snow crews include 12 employees on each crew, per 12-hour shift
- The snow crews on are standby where there is potential for a winter storm. They typically begin their shift 3-4 hours prior to when the storm would hit, and end 3-4 hours after the snow is supposed to clear.
- When the first flake falls or first sign of winter weather begins, crews are starting to prepare.
Passengers using Tulsa International Airport (TUL) may experience delays. Regardless of weather, the airline terminal building will remain open. Departing passengers and those picking up passengers for arriving flights are encouraged to confirm with their airline the status of the flight before leaving for the airport. Following is additional travel information:
Travelers should contact their airline before leaving for the airport for questions regarding cancellations, delays, and rebookings. Following is a list of contact information for airlines serving TUL. This list can also be found here: flytulsa.com.
- Allegiant – allegiantair.com – (702) 505-8888
- American – aa.com – (800) 433-7300
- Delta – delta.com – (800) 221-1212
- Frontier – flyfrontier.com – (801) 401-9000
- Southwest – southwest.com – (800) 435-9792
- United – united.com – (800) 241-6522
Passengers are advised to carry all medication and personal effects (i.e. wallet, jewelry, travel size toiletries, etc.) in their carry-on luggage. This would ensure their access to these items should their travel plans change.